Experiencing unwanted breakouts or other skin irritations while wearing a face mask? Face coverings can create a perfect environment for bacterial growth, which can lead to acne and other skin imbalances. Here are some key ways to prevent or correct common skin concerns while wearing a mask:
- Clean your mask daily with a hypoallergenic detergent. Mask hygiene is important and should not be ignored.
- Try to avoid wearing makeup while wearing a mask. If you do, be sure to cleanse your skin thoroughly at the end of each day.
- Follow a proper skincare ritual that includes a cleanser and moisturizer that is perfect for your skin. Update if necessary.
- Exfoliate the skin to aid cell turnover and rejuvenation. Taylor, our licensed aesthetician, recommends our Advanced Skin Brightening Pads.
- Apply serums or creams that help to calm and soothe the skin. Look for products containing ingredients such as aloe vera, green tea, or allantoin.
If you feel as though your skin needs some extra TLC during this time, please schedule a skincare consultation with one of our aestheticians, so they can customize a treatment plan that creates results for you.